There are few common parenting problems, each parent face.I have been speaking with a number of parents for the last one month.They were parents from different walks of life. As I spoke with them, the results were revealing.
Some of the most common problems, parents faced with their kids from 2 to 14 years old are
- Unhealthy Eating Habits
- Children are shy or don’t communicate properly with others.
- Watch too much of I pads, Mobiles and other electronic Gadgets.
- They are not interested in learning school education or other things.
- They tell lies or sometimes steal things from others or in the home.
- They are not organized and don’t keep their things carefully.
- They can’t manage their time properly and don’t get ready to school on time without parents support.
- Children don’t listen to parents. They give back answers to parents.
- They don’t read books even after repeated efforts for the same.
- Parents don’t have much time to spend with them, and children are busy in their own world.
- When they are studying, they want a parent with undivided attention, sitting with them.( No self-study)
- Self-Doubt-Is my parenting method right? Am I pampering my child or being over strict with him?
The order may differ but most of the families face 2 or 3 problems.
What we understand from this Result is, when you face a problem as a parent, don’t think you are alone.
The problem is each household takes measures to curb these problems.
The measures are effective for few days and then things fall in the same place again or it is replaced by another set of problems.
Many parents think that after few days things would be alright.
The truth is if we don’t do something about it today – now, things will not change by itself.
With each passing day, your child is getting older.
Many parents wish for change in their teenage kids. The truth is it is easy to deal with a younger kid than to repair a teenage kid.
I know as a parent we all wish the best for our kids and do everything in our capacity to give them the best.
As a parent, we need to balance a career, personal finance, relationship with spouse, friends, colleagues, and relatives, spiritual journey, Healthcare, personal learning and most importantly Time to manage everything.
It is difficult and we can’t be perfect in everything. We need to tackle with our guilt of not the giving our time for everything.
What do you do to balance everything?
Am I missing any problem here? If you face the same problem, what have you been your steps for correction?
please share here so others can benefit from it.
P.S. Thank you for all the parents who utilized the free intro session and got some insights. Thank you for sharing your problems and being open it. Many times accepting and acknowledging our problem is the first step to solving it.
Note: Feel free to contact me here